Hotelboat Fiep goes green
It’s our responsibility to care for nature and our planet, for future generations. That’s why we’re striving to make hotelboat Fiep as eco-friendly as possible.
We are following a three-step process towards carbon neutrality:
- Measure our carbon emissions and environmental impacts.
- Reduce our emissions and impacts through our own actions.
- Offset emissions that we can’t (yet) reduce by purchasing carbon credits.
Our sustainability journey
We have just embarked on our path towards carbon neutrality and we’re excited to share our progress with you as we learn to measure our footprint more precisely and find better ways to reduce it.
When you stay with us we hope you’ll be able to relax a little more easily knowing that your footprint is accounted for and that your trip is as green as possible.
SUSTAINABILITY TIPS FOR GUESTS
You can help too!
When it comes to reducing our carbon footprint, everyone needs to get involved. This includes you – our guests!
As a guest you can make a big positive impact just by making a few simple choices. Here are the best actions you can take to make your stay on our hotelboat and you travels in general more sustainably:
- Help us to reduce the use of plastics
- Take shorter showers to reduce water use
- Skip the towel change in your cabin to keep laundry to a minimum
- Bring your own drink bottle (Dutch tap water is top quality!)
- Eat vegetarian more often at mealtimes to reduce meat consumption
- Choose low-impact travel (such as trains) to reach your destination
- Offset your flight’s carbon emissions if you’re flying from abroad